Please feel free to link to this blog or use the handy e-mail tool at the end of each post. However, all contents of this page are copyrighted by Cindi Huss. Reproduction in whole or part without written permission from the author (Cindi) is prohibited. This includes all images unless otherwise noted.

Monday, February 4, 2008

Thinking Outside the Frame

I've begun mounting most of my work and have been very happy with the results, primarily because my local framing shop (Valley Frameworks, Amherst, MA--no website, sorry) is amazing and always up to whatever challenge I set them.

I had trouble with this piece. I hadn't left enough fabric to turn the side edges to the back and didn't want a binding to flatten the edge. I also didn't want to kill the vertical line with a traditional frame. I was at Sharon McCartney's studio and couture designer Andrea Zax asked me the all-important queston: Why don't you just frame it on two sides? An excellent question!

"Night Life"
University of Massachusetts Fine Arts Center and Library
Copyright 2008 Cindi Huss.

1 comment:

Oldpatterns said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.