Please feel free to link to this blog or use the handy e-mail tool at the end of each post. However, all contents of this page are copyrighted by Cindi Huss. Reproduction in whole or part without written permission from the author (Cindi) is prohibited. This includes all images unless otherwise noted.

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Sketch-a-day

Week 1: Complete! (more or less).



I left out my one totally unsuccessful sketch, but I learned from it when NOT to use brush pens.



Didn't sketch on Tuesday because my meeting with the Belchertown Cultural Council filled my sketch niche that day. (The BCC is one of 329 local cultural councils in Massachusetts. We get to approve--or decline--small grants funded by the Massachusetts Cultural Council that make cultural activities more accessible to Belchertown residents.)



In a trade-off, however, I did choose a more challenging subject (at least for me) for Wednesday, and worked on it today as well:


So, on a scale of:

"I'd rather poke my eye out with the pencil"
+
|
|
|
|
|
+
"I *heart* sketching,"

I'm hovering between "It's sort of satisfying to draw something recognizable" and "It actually does get easier (almost) every time," so it seems to be working

On another note:

"Night Life" (see the "Thinking Outside the Frame" post) is now for sale at the Fiber Art Center for $465. If you like it, call them and buy it!

No comments: