Please feel free to link to this blog or use the handy e-mail tool at the end of each post. However, all contents of this page are copyrighted by Cindi Huss. Reproduction in whole or part without written permission from the author (Cindi) is prohibited. This includes all images unless otherwise noted.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Infinity Art Quilts Exhibit

I'm pleased that I have work juried into the Infinity Gallery's 2010 Art Quilt Exhibit. I've enjoyed visiting other exhibits of theirs--the artists are talented and the work high-quality. I'm proud to be counted among them (the artists, that is, not the work :-) ).

If you visit the website today or tomorrow (Thurs.-Fri. May 13-14) you can see all the pieces that were entered. The finalists will be presented online on Saturday May 15. Keep your fingers crossed for me! I submitted "Wending Onward" and "Contemplating Madness."


According to their website, "Infinity Art Gallery's mission is to increase the visibility of artists by providing ongoing opportunities to showcase their artwork through our online juried exhibits; to provide direct access to artists so they can sell their work; and to actively promote artists to collectors, galleries, museums and journalists. Infinity Art Gallery is a commission free gallery where collectors buy art directly from the artist."

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Congrats on the exhibit! that is a wonderful way to get the word out on art quilts, but I still yearn to see the pieces in person! That's really what makes it different than oil and watercolors - that tactile sense!

Cindi said...

I agree, Jennifer. I've been dabbling in acrylic painting for a while, but find I keep doing things to make it more like what I can create in fiber. Go figure!