Please feel free to link to this blog or use the handy e-mail tool at the end of each post. However, all contents of this page are copyrighted by Cindi Huss. Reproduction in whole or part without written permission from the author (Cindi) is prohibited. This includes all images unless otherwise noted.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

In the Saddle Again, Again . . . Again

Seems like all I'm doing is trying to find a pace and routine in the new studio. You'd think it'd be easy what with this great new studio with space and light and all. Somehow it still feels a little odd, though--perhaps I need a little feng shui. Whatever it is, I gotta get my groove on!

I do have loads of floor space cleared out and am nearly ready to post photos of the sstudio, but in the meantime, in order to get all inspired, I flung my largish (about 3.5 feet per side) works that should be in progress all over the floor yesterday. That banished my sluggishness and inspired me to make that last sprint to get the studio done so I can send out press releases and advertise my Spring 2009 studio classes and maybe even throw a studio grand opening in January.

They don't look like much yet, but I can see where they're going and (mostly) how to get them there. It will be interesting (at least for me) to see how different these look when they're done!

Anyhow, once the studio is all done and I've got my groove on, I promise more interesting and frequent posts. (Or at least better titles!)

3 comments:

Cindi said...

Just realized that last sentence makes no sense unless you are me. I have written but not published another post titled "Back in the Saddle Again, Again" that came somewhat after the "Back in the Saddle--Mostly" post. I didn't publish it, though, because I thought it was lame that I'm still setting up the studio rather than banging out work left and right. Ah, well, true confessions of a procrastinator!

Lynda Shoup said...

I just LOVE the new pieces. Especially the top one.

Cindi said...

Thanks, Lynda. I love the idea of the top one and hope the reality will live up to it. It has been one of my favorite UFOs since I conceived of it about 3 years ago, but it's also been a major pain in the patootie! I quilted (at least partially) those few pieces at least three times before I landed with a scheme that did what I wanted it to. Keep your fingers crossed for me--maybe I'll get it done before another year passes!