Please feel free to link to this blog or use the handy e-mail tool at the end of each post. However, all contents of this page are copyrighted by Cindi Huss. Reproduction in whole or part without written permission from the author (Cindi) is prohibited. This includes all images unless otherwise noted.

Monday, April 7, 2008

SAQA/SDA Breaking New Ground Conference

I'll preface this with a disclaimer: I do not have pictures (yet) because the Wayne Art Center asked us not to take pictures and I decided not to take my camera along on the gallery tours because it was heavy and I didn't know whether they'd let us take photos anyhow.

However, let me assure you that the Biennial at Snyderman was worth the trip all by itself (and after visiting the facilities at the Philadelphia University's School of Design we all want to go back to school--there!). And Elements and the conference were worth the trip all by themselves. And tomorrow I begin a three-day workshop with Jan Myers-Newbury (who gave a very entertaining introduction for Judith and Michael James) that I expect will be worth the trip all by itself. Top it all off with the many dedicated artists at all stages in their careers and of all ages and you have a winning event.

I've been inspired by the successes and struggles of established artists as well as the enthusiasm and drive of emerging artists and impressed with the collegial, generous atmosphere of the entire event.

Maybe tomorrow there will be photos. Nighty-night.

No comments: